Yearbook Machine is a fast-growing technology startup company, supplying leavers’ yearbooks to schools and universities across the UK and Europe. Since being founded in 2009 by recent Cambridge and UCL graduates who noticed a gap in the market when making their own leavers’ yearbook, we have had considerable success: over the past two years our sales have grown more than tenfold and we are now the market leader in the UK. After a particularly successful academic year in 2012-2013, we’re expanding our development team and are now looking for an ambitious Junior / Graduate Developer to help us to continue to grow.
Working at Yearbook Machine is not the corporate grind: we’re a small group of like-minded, focused individuals working to create a product we genuinely believe in. We work hard but our environment is relaxed and friendly. Our office is based in a light and airy converted warehouse in central Shoreditch, which we share with another design startup. We’re currently a team of just 6 people, 5 of whom are developers.
* 2:1 above in Computer Science or other similarly technical degree subject
* Experience with OOP and at least some knowledge of modern software development paradigms such as MVC
* A genuine passion for technology: we’ll be interested to see what you’ve been doing in your spare time!
* Highly competitive, above-market salary
* Generous stock options
* The best equipment: Your choice of computer and monitor(s) and a comfortable chair
* Job satisfaction: we make a product that is fun to build and that our customers love!
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please