An early stage tech start-up in the fintech space looking to build something extraordinary for consumers trying to navigate the complex worlds of mortgages and property.
You’ll be one of the first hires and our first developer. You’ll be hands on building our MVP, designing our architecture and building the foundations on which our development team will be built. Don’t be put off by the mention of mortgages above - we’re obsessive about UI & UX and we’ve got a big vision.
- Define the strategy for, and take complete ownership of, the technical stack. Pick the right tools for the job and ensure they are implemented in the right way;
- Get your hands dirty and code the first implementation of our MVP;
- Establish the technical vision and culture for the business, including choosing the right processes and tools for us to be maximally effective, i.e. agile/kanban, trello/mingle, go, etc.;
- Facilitate the creation of extraordinary user experiences for our customers with a focus on best-of-breed UI/UX and MVT;
- Create a culture of constant product innovation with the customer as the focus
The ideal candidate is a brilliant coder who has experience of delivering projects with relatively limited resources; someone who is passionate about good code and great consumer experiences.
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies, both front- and backend, e.g. AngularJS, Node.JS, MongoDB, etc.;
- A strong working knowledge of cloud technologies, ideally AWS;
- The coding skills necessary to put together an MVP and go on to attract and motivate the calibre of developers you will want to work with;
- An entrepreneurial and strong minded nature, willing to pursue excellence before everything else and commit to building something huge over an extended period;
- A passion for great UI/UX – a fundamental aversion to ugliness in product!
East London, with potential for some international travel.
Competitive within start-up bounds + significant equity.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Competitive + Equity
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please