As a developer evangelist for Twilio, your job is to inspire and equip developers to change the way the world communicates. Our primary vehicle for doing this is service to local, national, and international developer communities. A developer evangelist might be found serving in many different capacities:
Creating technical content for publication on our blog and other channels to show developers how to implement specific solutions or use new technologies.
* Organizing and volunteering at local, national, and international developer events.
* Speaking and sharing his/her expertise at user groups and conferences.
* Educating and empowering developers, giving technical workshops and brown bags.
* Writing production-quality code and contributing to Twilio’s open source helper libraries and other projects.
* Building partnerships with individuals, companies and organizations that serve the same communities we do.
* Connecting and networking with other developers and entrepreneurs to identify how Twilio might help them be even more awesome.
* Gathering and socializing product feedback that will inform engineering, sales, and marketing decision making.
* Supporting our developers wherever they are, on forums, social media, and everywhere in between.
A Twilio developer evangelist should be a software development professional with a track record of delivering web and/or mobile applications. Strong communications skills are also essential to serve in this role. Some specific qualities we are looking for are:
* Leadership and service in developer communities.
* Strong technical writing skills demonstrated via blog posts and other written work.
* Strong and diverse engineering skills – if you were writing code full time, you’d be a great performer. You also have a finger on the pulse of current development technologies across several platforms.
* Social and hustling skills – a lot of great connections and opportunities are discovered simply by getting out and talking to people. This is something you should be able to do well.
* Public speaking experience or aptitude is essential for inspiring developers. A developer evangelist needs to deliver presentations that are effective and respectful of an audience’s time and attention.
* Friendly and approachable people do well as the teachers and mentors we’re looking for.
* Willingness to travel to anywhere our developer communities live, and stay productive and professional on the road.
* Ability to work irregular hours and some weekends to support hackathons, conferences, user groups, and other developer events.
* Entrepreneurial thinking and the ability to act effectively with only high-level direction is also essential.
HOW TO APPLY
* Visit the following link to apply: http://www.jobscore.com/jobs/twilio/developer-evangelist-eu-london-based/asmOxkwB8r4OO3eJe4efaV
* Please include a cover letter along with your resume, describing why you believe you’d be a great fit for the team.
* Links to other web sites and resources where we might learn more about you (GitHub, Twitter, Dribbble, Deviant Art portfolio, etc.) are greatly appreciated.
* Wanna really stand out? Sign up for a Twilio account and build an app with the API. Share the source code with us and tell us what you liked about the experience. Spend more time telling us what can be improved.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please