Top10 is a new way to discover the very best in music, film, products and more. We’re building a better way to make recommendations and discover products you’ll love.
Our Spotify app (one of the first ever built) launched at the start of this year to rave reviews; and so far over 100,000 Top10s have been made with it. We’re now busy working on the next wave of exciting products to use the Top10 platform.
Our company is a crack team of designers, developers and entrepreneurs backed by some of the biggest investors in tech, such as Accel Partners, Founder Collective and Path’s Shakil Khan.
UI and product design is one of our strongest skills, and we’re now seeking a superstar UI Developer to join our team and take it to the next level.
About the job
Working in our seven-strong design and engineering team this role is about developing the UI for our products. This is an exciting role which spans the worlds of product/UI design and web development, and offers the opportunity to work on next-level user interfaces for web-based products with a high degree of influence. Additionally you’ll be working in a high traffic and high performance environment where thousands of people will experience your work.
The role involves:
* Working with our designers to help define product features, UI components and layouts.
* Prototyping UI concepts and iterating their design in the browser.
* Being responsible for the design of animations and interactive features of UI.
* Developing the final UI for our products, ensuring it stays true to designs while integrating with content and back-end code.
* Ensuring our UI looks amazing and performs exceptionally on all devices and platforms we support.
* Iterating and optimising interfaces based on feedback and analytics.
We’re looking for people with the following skills and experience:
* Rock-solid HTML and CSS skills. In addition to core HTML/CSS skills and the ability to tame Internet Explorer into submission you will be interested in cutting edge aspects of HTML5, CSS3 and tools like less/sass.
* Experience of templating languages like Mustache, Twig or Smarty.
* Knowledge of image formats for the web, image compression, spriting and other performance techniques.
* A good understanding of usability including experience dealing with information architecture, app structure, user flows and user behaviour.
* Experience with UI-creation software such as Photoshop, Fireworks and Illustrator.
* A good understanding of UI design principles, with knowledge of grid systems, typography and colour theory.
* Fantastic attention to detail, with the ability to spot a rogue pixel at 20 paces.
* A belief in putting the user first, and a desire to develop products which are usable, simple and fun to use.
* An energetic and industrious attitude, with a hunger to constantly develop and improve.
The following is also beneficial but not essential:
* Experience backend technologies such as Python, Ruby or PHP.
* Prior experience developing products in the social media space, or products that integrate with Facebook/Twitter.
* Prior experience developing mobile applications for iOS or Android.
* An interest in the wider web development community, such as attending developer events or hack days; conferences; blogging or personal projects.
* We offer industry leading salaries plus a generous stock option plan – you’ll own a piece of the action.
* Every new starter in the team is awarded a £2,000 budget for laptops, screens and any other gear you need.
* You will be joining a well-backed startup with a big vision – and have great opportunities for fast career progression as we grow.
* You will be joining some of best designers, developers and entrepreneurs in London with the * opportunity to significantly develop your skills and experience.
* We offer a bright modern working environment with free drinks, free snacks and music playing throughout the day. You can wear what you like to work.
* We’re a close-knit friendly team and we regularly organise team social events.
Drop us a line to email@example.com. Include a CV, URL or LinkedIn profile so we can see what you’re all about.
No recruiters please.
Why work for us:
Top10 is a powerful social recommendation platform where anyone can recommend the stuff they love in a fun and easy way, and share those recommendations with friends. We curate everyone’s ideas and opinions into real-time, personalised Top 10 Lists for every topic imaginable. Central to this idea is our website – (currently in beta at http://Top10.co) – and we will soon be expanding the Top10 concept onto mobile and touch-based platforms, and across Facebook apps and games.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please