An early stage tech start-up in the fintech space looking to build something extraordinary for consumers trying to navigate the complex worlds of mortgages and property.
As VP Product & Engineering you’d be responsible for the direction and delivery of a world class product that would define the perception of our business. Joining at such an early stage would allow you to establish the fundamental DNA of the business and our approach to technology. You’ll be assembling a dev team from the foundations up, and will have the last word on all technical decision-making.
- Define the strategy for, and take complete ownership of, the technical stack. Pick the right tools for the job and ensure they are implemented in the right way;
- Establish the technical vision and culture for the business, including choosing the right processes and tools for us to be maximally effective, i.e. agile/kanban, trello/mingle, go, etc.;
- Own the product and technical roadmap, and be able to communicate these to the team as well as external stakeholders;
- Facilitate the creation of extraordinary user experiences for our customers with a focus on best-of-breed UI/UX and MVT;
- Create a culture of constant product innovation with the customer as the focus
The ideal candidate is a leader, thinker, architect and most importantly a creator with a passion for devising products for consumers, along with;
- Experience and knowledge of cutting edge technologies, both front- and backend, e.g. AngularJS, Node.JS, MongoDB, etc.;
- A strong working knowledge of cloud technologies, ideally AWS;
- Sufficient coding skills to attract and motivate the calibre of developers you will want to hire;
- An entrepreneurial and strong minded nature, willing to pursue excellence before everything else and commit to building something huge over an extended period;
- Experience of building and delivering great products, directly managing dev teams and understanding consumer needs;
- A passion for great UI/UX - a fundamental aversion to ugliness in product!
- Great comms skills, and a vision that goes beyond the next new fashionable transient technology and focuses on cultivating the kind of team that underpins a great technology business.
East London, with potential for some international travel.
Competitive within start-up bounds + significant equity.
Team/Dept: Tech & Product
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Competitive with significant options
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please