We are looking for…
An intermediate front end web developer who has worked in Digital Agencies for a variety of brands and knows the commitment that requires. You will have experience developing the front ends of creative marketing campaigns and larger functional sites. Ideally you will also have some back end experience working in php frameworks such as Laravel and also Wordpress implementations. Another nice to have would be experience working with Cordova / PhoneGap mobile frameworks for building out iOS and Android apps using web tech - or have a strong desire to do more of this type of work.
The front end team here all work with SASS, LESS or PostCSS and are familiar with ES5/6 JS features, OOCSS/SMACSS architectures, use React and Flux/Angular/Ember type frameworks and have an opinion on them. Similarly they have familiarity with JS toolchains and build processes (e.g. gulp/grunt) and a keen eye for design and UX.
You will have a proven record of collaborative working with other developers and have the self-confidence to suggest and defend ideas to an internal team. You will not always be working in development teams so you should feel confident working on your own and with non-technical colleagues to come up with creative solutions. You love to innovate but don’t lose sight of the fundamentals of website production; namely clean, functional, accessible, cross-browser compliant code.
You will take real pride in what you produce and enjoy collaborating with the Creative Team in the Agency when you need to. Most importantly, you will want to work in and contribute heavily to a motivated, committed, fun team striving to produce awesome results and will never, ever stop learning.
You will need…
• Experience in a UK Digital Agency working with brands
• Primary development experience with most of those listed above
• A strong desire to adhere to modern Web Standards
• A proven record in collaborative working with other developers & wider project team
• An innovative, ‘can-do’ attitude
• Good communication skills - to present your point of view and back yourself
• Design and UX appreciation. You will challenge and collaborate with the Design Team and possibly do some design yourself
• Real attention to detail
• An understanding & ongoing awareness of commercial & marketing goals of projects
• Experience in the demands of deadline-driven work
• To show examples of technically challenging and well executed work for brands
• A real passion for the Web and to be in touch with current technical innovation
Who we are…
Based in Old Street, London, Thin Martian is a team of passionate project managers, designers and developers living and breathing digital in the heart of London's tech industry. We offer a full range of digital services from strategy, design and UX, to build and marketing. Our work covers full website design and build, app development, advertising campaigns and social media. In the studio at the moment we are working on multiple new site builds including the World of Warriors global platform for Mind Candy and the rebuild of our online estate agency platform Tepilo. Thin Martian is the agency side of the Codegent group who develop their own commercial SaaS products and mobile apps. You can find out more about us here www.thinmartian.com and www.codegent.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Dependent on experience
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please
A rare opportunity to join a small passionate team of designers and developers working on some exciting projects