The Food Assembly is looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial Country Manager in the UK.
As a Country Manager, you will lead the strategy to develop the network and raise the awareness of The Food Assembly in the UK. The network is growing very fast across the country and we’re looking for the right person to ensure and oversee its successful development.
As Country Manager, you will also ensure the successful support and development of a team.
Equipped with leadership skills, you will have a passion for people, network, business development, and how food reaches our plates! If that sounds like you, please keep reading below.
Leadership / Management
People / Management
Strategy and Organisation
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org along with:
Answers to the below questions:
(1) When would you be available to start the role?
(2) Why are you interested in this role and how would you contribute to developing the role in light of your character and experience?
Please answer in the format of a video of maximum length 1 minute and include a link to the video below. Please note that a home-style video recording (e.g. with a smart phone) is fine – no professional video equipment or shooting is needed. We don’t care about your video skills- we’d just like to get a sense of who you are!
(3) What do you think makes good leadership and management and what is your style? Please give specific examples from your track record including challenges you have faced and overcome. (Max 200 words or 1 minute video)
(4) From your observation and research, what do you think are the current challenges and opportunities for The Food Assembly in the UK? (Max 200 words or 1 minute video)
(5) Tell us about a time you’ve developed and implemented a business strategy and how you did it. (Max 200 words or 1 minute video)
Our deadline for applications is 9am on Fri 29th July.
Why work for us:
The Food Assembly is a network that brings people together to buy fresh food directly from local farmers and foodmakers.
We are a community-led marketplace. Food Assembly customers order food online from local farmers and producers before picking it up at a weekly collection, known as a Food Assembly, managed by an Assembly Host. The food comes from within an average of 28 miles of the pick-up location, often significantly less. More than 90% of the money being circulated stays in the local economy.
Here's what the press are saying about us:
The Food Assembly is part of a network, which was started in France in 2011 under the name La Ruche qui dit Oui!; today the network has over 800 Food Assemblies across Europe (in France, Belgium, UK, Germany, Spain and Italy) and connects over 150,000 customers with 8,000 local producers and farmers.
Team/Dept: UK Management
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required: 7+ years of work experience on business development with a management position, ideally in start-ups or in a fast-growing environment
Salary/package: Salary: base of £50-65K with commission structure (OTE) & Equity Program
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please
To apply to this job please submit your CV and other requested documents to the email address below: