Are you hell bent on providing awesome customer support? Are you patient, detail focused and love working as part of a team?
Then, you could be the Technology Analyst that we’re looking for!
Chemistry is a fast growing consultancy established to give people the opportunity to be brilliant at work thus helping businesses (our clients) do brilliant things.
We’re a technology-powered consultancy, and believe great people are the most important part of every business.
With offices in London and California and a client portfolio that includes SAP, Vodafone, Accenture, Sky and Experian to name but a few, The Chemistry Group is looking to bring an opportunity to be brilliant to even more people around the world.
As a Technology Analyst your day-to-day responsibilities will include (but by no means be limited to):
1. Platform Configuration – You’ll setup and configure Chemistry’s online platform and support Chemistry’s Internal teams in their use of it.
2. User Acceptance Testing (UAT) – You’ll own the system configuration UAT process i.e. creating/completing bespoke solution validating scripts.
3. Client Support - You’ll be quickly responding to and managing customer needs, setting expectations and providing ongoing support for the online platforms. You’ll provide training to clients as part of solution rollout and Business as Usual phase as required.
4. User Guides Creation/Update – You’ll create and maintain system documentation ensuring they remain in-line with platform improvements.
5. Educate Chemistry’s Team – You’ll provide training to Internal teams, keeping them up to date on platform developments, as well as proving user traffic and platform performance data.
6. Platform Improvements – You’ll identify functional improvements that could be made to the platform, feeding this into our development roadmap.
7. Drafting Functional Specification Docs – You’ll create detailed functionality build reference documentation for our Development Team to work to.
8. Optimisation of our Working Software Tools - You’ll find ways to better leverage functionality within our existing software tools; allowing us to operate more efficiently and produce richer data on which to report.
9. Operational Tech Process Improvements – Your statistical KPI analysis will prove vital in spotting current/future activity tends and opportunities to improve the way we operate as a Technology function.
Your excellent customer services skills will be put to the test by both our internal and external clients, so you’ll be a patient person with great communication skills who thrives on helping others.
You’ll be detail focused and excellent at managing your time; Chemistry is a fast paced machine and as a Technical Analyst you’ll be responsible for keeping our platform ticking over whilst keeping up with client activities.
On a more personal level, our values are Passionate, Brave & Human and our expectation is that you will embrace these, getting totally immersed in our culture.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid customer service background who is looking to jump into the technology world. If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for then drop us a line telling us why you’re Chemistry’s next superstar.
We can’t wait to hear from you!
Why work for us:
When we say our intent is to give everyone the opportunity to be brilliant at work, of course we extend that to you.
That’s why we spend most of every single Monday working exclusively on our development. We call this, shockingly… ‘Opportunities to be Brilliant’.
You’ll get to hear from great industry speakers, learn from internal experts, improve your own skills, and even learn about things like mindfulness and nutrition so that you can be at your best every day.
We also use quarterly OKRs to make sure your development is constantly on-going and in tune with the needs of the business. If you need to do something to progress and do your job better, we’ll make sure it happens.
And we love to develop and promote our own people, so if you make it through the door, we’ll make sure you have every chance to get where you want to go – all you have to do is take it!
This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid customer service background who is looking to jump into the technology world. If this sounds like the role you’ve been waiting for then drop us a line telling us, why you’re Chemistry’s next superstar.
If you’re up for jumping onto this speeding train, as we rapidly expand globally; if you’re smart enough, brave enough, passionate enough, and human enough to fit in with us; if you want to work with the best clients around delivering complex global projects that literally change people’s lives as well as the businesses they work for – we want to hear from you!
We know 86% of people are miserable or very miserable at work. The rest work at Chemistry! Well, not quite – we’re growing fast but not that fast. Chemistry is, without a doubt, one of the best places to work in the world and we’ve got the awards to prove it. From the daily meals designed by our company nutritionist, to our weekly ‘Opportunity to be Brilliant’ development sessions, working at Chemistry is an experience like no other.
Team/Dept: Tech team
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required: Junior
Salary/package: 26k - 28k
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please
If you're passionate for customer service and want to get a start in the tech world, this is the job for you.