We\‘re very excited to announce an opportunity at TechHub: we\‘re looking for an events superstar!
Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon? TechHub launched sixteen months ago and in that short time has had a huge amount of media coverage and interest from the tech startup community. We\‘re committed to making a difference to tech startups in London and beyond, and have some very exciting announcements on the horizon about enhanced space in London and new international locations.
With so many great events already going on at TechHub London, exciting new plans and more and more companies and organisations wanting to run events with us, we now need someone dedicated to making sure every single one is a smash.
This is a great opportunity for someone with solid events experience, who wants to take it to the next level and grow with TechHub. If you\‘re successful, speedy advancement is definitely an option – you could end up overseeing all UK events for TechHub, or getting involved in international TechHubs and ending up as global events director or setting up and managing a TechHub in another city. There are huge possibilities!
* Coordinating and managing all events at TechHub London.
* Logistics: you\‘ll respond to enquiries, manage quoting, book dates, plan and order catering and staff, and any additional equipment or furniture requirements.
* Promotion: you\‘ll create event registration pages, manage online event promotion (including writing the event copy and posting it to various websites), and create relationships with organisations to promote relevant events to their network.
* Event management: you\‘ll ensure smooth running of the event on the day, manage our volunteer event assistants and recruit more, welcome guests, manage clear-up and lock up after the event.
* Sponsorship: you\‘ll manage relationships with sponsors, ensuring their needs are met. Ideally you\‘ll have some experience with creating sponsorship packages and selling to sponsors – though in this role it\‘s rarely cold-calling as you\‘ll have interested contacts passed through to you for follow-up.
This is a full time role – likely hours will be 40 hours a week, spread out over 4-5 days and evenings per week and you must be able to work evenings at least a few evenings a week (usually Tuesday-Thursday). We anticipate it will begin as a freelance role and then move to a permanent role if all is going well.
This role will involve evening work – as our evening events usually run 6.30-9.30pm, on event days you may need to work until 10pm to oversee the event, so flexible availability is a must. Please do not apply for the role if you are available only during the day.
You may have had previous roles as an event manager, event assistant or event coordinator, or you might have organised or managed events as part of another role, such as marketing, office management or PA work. We\‘re flexible on your background but need someone who can hit the ground running and quickly become part of our fun, friendly and hard-working team.
* Super organised – you just can\‘t rest until every last detail is planned and prepared, and you know how to anticipate everything and have plans in place to deal with the unexpected.
* Agile in dealing with change – we sometimes need to take advantage of last-minute opportunities, such as an international speaker being available at very short notice. In a small company, flexibility is key – we need someone who won\‘t freak out if they need to arrange a same-week event.
* Confident and well-spoken – you\‘ll become the face of TechHub events, welcoming attendees and guests at the beginning of each event, and will need to be able to speak to people at the event if they have questions or want to know more about TechHub.
* Reliable – we need to know that you\‘ll be there when you say you will, and get done what you say you\‘ll get done. We\‘re a small team and this is absolutely essential.
* An excellent writer of English – there will be a lot of emails and copy to be written as part of the role to answer queries, make arrangements and promote events, so great language skills are very important.
* Keen to be part of a small and growing team – this isn\‘t a corporate role, so the need to muck in and get your hands dirty is balanced with great opportunities for responsibility and advancement.
* Strategically-minded – you need to be able to understand how events fit into the wider scope of TechHub, how to make sure they\‘re doing what we need them to do, and how to ensure they\‘re making money without compromising our objectives.
* Interested in the technology and web industry – you get excited about the possibilities for people to create amazing new tools, products and companies and want to help bring these people together to learn, network and take advantage of opportunities.
So, if this sounds like you, and you have an engaging, enthusiastic personality, get in touch with Elizabeth Varley at elizabeth AT techhub.com with:
* TechHub Events Superstar in the subject line
* A brief overview of your relevant experience and skills
* Details of your availability – when you could start, hours you could commit to
* The hourly or daily rate you\‘d expect as a freelancer, and the annual salary level you\‘d seek in a permanent role – do bear in mind that as a small company, we won\‘t be offering corporate-level salaries
* A line or two about why we should specifically chose you
* Be professional but with personality – don\‘t write like a corporate drone, let your real self shine through your email.
Please get in touch asap.
Why work for us:
TechHub is the new hub for the technology community. Just 10 seconds walk from Old Street tube station, TechHub London is aimed specifically at technology entrepreneurs, startups and developers.
Our market: Technology & Start-Ups
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please