We’re hiring! We’re looking for a fantastically talented, friendly, capable Front of House Reception person for TechHub London. The role combines reception, member liaison, office & facilities management, PA/assistant work, being one of the faces of the physical TechHub London space, and our online network.
This is an incredibly important role for the company – in fact one of our most important roles – and is so much more than just buzzing people in. So if you’re looking for something that doesn’t need to use your brain, or you can just coast, move along!
We’re looking for someone to join our great team in this busy role in our space on City Road, just off Old Street roundabout (and 10 seconds from the tube!). Working at TechHub means you’ll get to be part of a fast-growing and very exciting tech community, and be right at the heart of it.
You’ll be working with a smart, fun, friendly team of 10 awesome people, and will be an essential part of the three-person Front of House team, based at one of our two London sites.
Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon? TechHub launched two years ago and in that short time has had a huge amount of media coverage and interest from the tech startup community. We’re committed to making a difference to tech startups in London and beyond, and have some very exciting announcements on the horizon about new international locations with TechHub Riga and TechHub Manchester both launched in 2012!
For this role, you’ll need to be super flexible, quick on your feet, able to multitask and be ready to get stuck in no matter what the challenge. You need to be bright and outgoing – a huge smile and friendly chat is what we need to greet everyone who comes through our door.
This is a great opportunity for someone with an excellent eye for detail and a love of interacting with people, ideally with office management and PA experience who wants to take it to the next level and grow with TechHub. This is a great opportunity for someone who loves people and is keen to work in a startup environment.
Core duties of the role:
* Greet members and guests – you’re the first port of call for any member queries and external contact
* Book meeting rooms and tours
* Answer calls, emails and queries
* First point of contact for anything relating to the CEO’s diary
* Diary management, meeting scheduling
* Confirming speaking engagements
* Arranging press interviews
* Travel arrangements, itineraries, flights, car hire, and hotel bookings
* Some correspondence and minute-taking, chasing actions and creating agendas
* Submission of expenses
* Organise all internal meetings
* Organise catering for meetings and entertaining
* Produce presentations for internal & external speaking events
* Other duties as required, e.g. ad hoc personal tasks
* Open up in the mornings and close up in the evenings
* You know everything that’s going on in the space at all times – everyone that walks through the door is your responsibility, unless they’re passed to someone else
* Helping the operations manager deal with property maintenance and facilities – flagging and passing on any issues instantly, and communicating with members about it when necessary
* Monitoring consumables – from the milk in the kitchen to hand-towels in the bathroom. You’ll keep an eagle-eye out to make sure things run smoothly
* This role will be full time 8.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday
* Working on-site at TechHub London in City Rd, London EC1Y 2BJ
* You’re an essential member of the TechHub team and we’ll be relying on you to be a friendly, professional face of the space. You’ll be genuinely valued – we want the benefit of your experience, skills and expertise to help us shape how the space is run, the processes that need to be put in place, and to come up with ideas to make TechHub even better.
* Punctual, with excellent time-keeping and completely reliable – you’re such an important member of the team as sometimes you may be opening up in the morning or closing up at night and trusted with important responsibilities. We need to know you’ll be there when you say you will and are totally trustworthy! This is very, very important for this role.
* A great finisher – you get stuff done, even if you have to work stuff out for yourself!
* Super organised – great at managing your time and workload to ensure everything gets done and that handovers with other staff are smooth and seamless.
* Process-driven – while you’re great at jumping in and doing things last-minute when necessary, you have strong skills in creating processes to ensure that nothing is forgotten and your work flows smoothly.
* Friendly and personable with great communication skills – you love interacting with people and helping make their day the best it can be. Our members are lovely people and we know you’ll enjoy meeting them.
* Excellent at remembering names and faces – you’ll be getting to know the people who visit TechHub and everyone loves to be treated like a valued member, rather than a membership number!
* Comfortable working independently, but still work as part of the team.
* Great with using computers and the internet – you’ll need to quickly get to grips with our systems, so good skills with the ability to learn new software, applications and technology is a must.
* Excellent English language skills – top notch communication ability is a must including correct spelling.
* Happy to muck in – as with any startup, some duties might be unexpected, or there might be times when it’s all hands on deck. We’re looking for people who want to see TechHub succeed and will get the job done.
* Innovative, creative and proactive – you’ll be developing processes and working out the best ways of doing things, including problem solving. If you think something could be improved, we want to hear your thoughts, and we’d love you to anticipate issues before they arise, and take action where it’s needed.
* The kind of person who goes the extra mile – you’re genuinely helpful and committed and these qualities won’t go unnoticed at TechHub, we believe in giving credit where credit’s due.
* Ideally enthusiastic about technology and entrepreneurship – this is what we’re all about and we’d love our staff to understand why tech companies need TechHub and to gain an insight into what it’s like to startup and run a company.
* As this role is very important to the company, we’re looking for someone who want to join the TechHub team and who is interested in full-time, long-term work (not suitable as a holiday temp job).
To apply, make sure you do the following:
* email your CV to email@example.com
* put ‘Receptionist/PA’ in the subject line
* include a covering email telling us why you’re interested in the role. We want to know why you’re excited by this particular opportunity.
* briefly detail your relevant experience and skills in the email.
* tell us why we should hire you
* include your hourly rate & salary expectations – bear in mind that we are a startup, so won’t be able to offer corporate salaries
* and include your earliest start date
Be professional but with personality – don’t write like a corporate drone, let your real self shine through your email.
NO PHONE CALLS – if you call, we’ll assume that you’re not able to follow direction or didn’t bother to read the full advert.
Why work for us:
TechHub is the new hub for the technology community. Just 10 seconds walk from Old Street tube station, TechHub London is aimed specifically at technology entrepreneurs, startups and developers.
Our market: Technology & Start-Ups
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please