SumOfUs is a fast-growing non-profit startup -- arguably the fastest growing campaign advocacy group in history, with over 5 million members just 3 years after launch. We represent the best of both advocacy campaigning organisations and tech startups. Our mission is to rein in corporate power and build a fairer global economy. Sorry, we know we’re not done yet :-/ But, in our defense, we’re still young.
We're hiring software developers (both junior and senior) to help build a world-class technology platform in the service of our mission. We are already thought leaders in the digital campaigning space, and we're also about to start building a new, open source digital campaigning platform to empower people all around the world to take action and win campaigns against the world's biggest corporations.
- Independently own individual feature upgrades, implementing with the rest of the tech team but without the need for significant guidance;
- Provide input on design and feature discussions for the product roadmap;
- Identify potential sources for bugs and help fix them without needing much guidance.
- Provide significant input into architectural decisions.
- Help administer servers, troubleshoot full-stack bugs and streamline deployment processes.
We mostly work using Ruby on Rails, but we're looking for anyone who's proficient in at least one major Object Orientated language and is familiar with the modern web development stack.
If you’re looking for a place to use cutting-edge technology to drive deep social change, this is the job for you.
Our current team is based in timezones between Vancouver, Canada and Vilnius, Lithuania, and this job can be performed from anywhere that allows for easy engagement with some of those timezones.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: yes
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Competitive, varies by experience and location
This is remote working job
Sorry, no agencies please