If you have a thing for online video, massive volumes of audience data and want to tackle unprecedented business problems, then this could be for you. We are based in TechCity with clients spread worldwide in Europe, Asia and Japan. You can find more details about our work here http://streamhub.co.uk
Who we need!
We are looking to ramp up our remote working team of backend big data engineers who can contribute to building a robust analytics platform that manages billions of data points accurately to derive contextual insights that helps grow video businesses.
The present junior/mid-level role is for someone passionate and experienced with coding big data applications be it working with data bases, algorithms, APIs pattern recognition and statistics to solve problems that will shape the media and advertising industry.
You’ll be a core part of a tight-knit and delivery focused data engineering team with plenty of real-life business challenges to overcome daily, where what you do will have an immediate impact.
What you need!
1. 2-6 years of professional experience in developing big data applications in production
2. Proficiency in Java and Scala
3. Expertise in Apache Spark
4. Good experience in databases - NOSQL and RDBMS (Cassandra most welcome)
5. Experience with AWS big data stack
6. Experience in writing APIs to retrieve and expose data
7. Test-driven development experience with know-how of common development tools: version control / build tools / automated testing
8. Experience in Search Engines and Marketing/Ad targeting a plus
Qualifications & Requirements
1. Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science / Big Data
2. You must be proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
3. Must have at least 3 years of professional experience in software engineering. Sorry but no graduates.
You'll be working remotely from the comfort of your home office.
The project is for 2-3 months dependin on experience.
Our technology Stack
Please send your CV to email@example.com together with a link to your Git project or Linkedin profile.
Absolutely no agents please.
Why work for us:
Streamhub is a London based SaaS video analytics startup driving innovation in the field of big data / artificial intelligence. We provide analytic services for media companies helping them understand what generates user loyalty to grow, target and monetise video audiences.
If you have a thing for online video, massive volumes of audience data and want to tackle unprecedented business problems, then this could be for you. We move quickly learning from mistakes and make an effort to deliver value to customers every week. We are based in TechCity with clients spread worldwide in Europe, Asia and Japan. You can find more details about our work here http://streamhub.co.uk
We love tech, innovating and delivering value for online video businesses. Video is growing, big data is the norm, and we are right in the middle of this inter-section with plenty of scope for evolution.
Job type: Contract
Remote working possible: yes
Level of experience required: 2 years+, junior to mid level
Salary/package: £150 per day, 4 or more working days per week, flexible working hours apart from standups and planning sessions
This is remote working job
Sorry, no agencies please
Because you're a great big data engineer, dying to make a difference to the efficiency of our society.