Job Title: Editor
Reports to: Adrian Knight
Location: Central London/Remote
This internship is unpaid. Ideally, we are looking for a 9-to-5 commitment for two to three days a week during the 3-6 month internship but are flexible and willing to accommodate school schedules. Successful interns will be offered a full time position.
All full time employees benefit from a unique profit sharing scheme where they directly receive a % of business profits on a monthly basis (in addition to their salary). The profit is calculated and directly correlated with the impact their work has had on growing the business. In other words, your incoming earning ability is directly down to you - the better your results, the more money you make.
About The Company
Social Missions is a high growth startup based in San Francisco and London. We own a portfolio of web properties that focus on the fast growing social enterprise niche. Our main site, Social Missions, is becoming the leading online website for everything social enterprise. We have recently received funding by an SF based VC, and we are agressively growing our audience. We are forecast to be receiving 5,000,000 montly readers within 18 months, and up to 25,000,000 monthly readers within 5 years. More importantly, we have the resources and network to make this happen, and are well on our way.
We are looking to recruit a small team of interns who we can nuture, develop and grow into feature editors under the guidance of our skilled managing editor. If you have always dreamed of being a well known writer/editor for a mainstream publication, then this is truly a golden opportunity that's not to be missed. A passion for social enterprise - companies that use business as a tool for social change/solving world problems- is a major advantage.
As an editor of Social Missions, you will be responsible for researching, writing and publishing entertaining and valubale material around a specific genre of social enterprise that you will specialize in (for example, women's rights).
You will be responsible for:
• Following the latest trends within that genre
• Reaching out and making connections with the leading enterprises within that genre
• Encouraging the leading enterprises to submit press releases about their latest developments to Social Missions
• Curating content from a variety of sources, adding value, and publishing on the site
• Participating in the events that we organize around your genre
• Submit content for our range of newsletters, products, special reports and premium area
• Orchestrating interviews for the video interview section of our website
• Participating and moderating in your specialist genre on our community forum
You will be reporting to our London based Managing Editor, who will be coordinating your publication efforts.
We use reader engagement as a framwork for planning our editorial schedule, assessing the quality of our editors work, and calculating your montly profit %.
Key metrics include:
• The number of email subscribers generated via your column (weekly)
• Unique visitors to your column – Daily/Weekly/Monthly
• Average Time On Page to your column – Weekly/Monthly
• Total Page Views to your column – Weekly/Monthly
• Paid Subscribers via your column – Weekly/Monthly
Personal Characteristics Required:
· A passion and strong understanding of the social enterprise industry and our company’s mission.
· Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
· An interest in using data to direct your research and writing.
· Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.· Ability to prioritize and make decisions based
Job type: Internship
Remote working possible: yes
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: 25,000 + Profit Share
This is remote working job
Sorry, no agencies please
You will be changing lives