Rummble Labs is a rapidly growing personalisation and relevance platform that uses complex algorithms to filter vast amounts of user activity and social network information. We are seeking a backend Java developer to help our small and growing technology-oriented team solve complex and interesting problems.
We can offer…
* Fascinating projects in partnership with cool start-ups and global tech giants.
* Exciting career path in an innovative environment with a variety of responsibilities.
* Startup culture working at Innovation Warehouse, a hub of technical activity and events in Farringdon, Central London.
* Improve your skills working with the latest technologies.
* Opportunity to learn from others, at conferences, unconferences, training courses and share knowledge and ideas that will shape future interaction between millions of people and content across a wide variety of unique partner services.
* Take ownership for development and testing of our build system, performance testing suite and other tools
* Enhance and operate infrastructure, including locally hosted and co-located hardware, locally hosted and EC2 instances
* Own and develop the product installer and other product deployment software
* Provide advice and support to developers on architecting tests, analysing and reporting on test coverage and make recommendations on ways to expand coverage
* Support and configure the base OS and build system – package up first and third party code and upstream security fixes
* Scaling systems to handle huge amount data whilst still maintaining very low response times
* An interest in personalisation and recommender systems
* A passion for learning new technologies
* Experience programming with Java, the Spring framework and modern scripting languages
* A degree in Computer Science or other technical discipline
* A good understanding of data structure design and concurrency
* Familiarity using and administering Linux environments, including shell scripting
* Great verbal and written communication skills with people of varying levels of technical expertise
*Familiarity with Cloud infrastructure (AWS)
* Prior experience with automated testing and QA processes is desirable but not essential
* Interest / experience of Hadoop or Storm
* Contributed to open source projects
* Experience or use of Mahout, GraphLab or related libraries
* Gradle, Maven, Puppet, Pallet, Zookeeper
* Comfortable with distributed version control (Mercurial)
* SQL and NoSQL databases.
Java, Spring, J2EE, AWS, Infrastructure
Want to apply?…
What are you waiting for? We would love to hear from you – apply now via Resumator
You must be able to work in the United Kingdom without restrictions.
The contents of all job listing are © Rummble Ltd.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please