The Technical Architect / Tech. Lead will architect, design, prototype and develop complex system and software application architectures. You will ensure the overall technical quality of our solutions and be able to explain architecture decisions to management and developers. You will provide mentorship and guidance to developers and play a key role in maintaining the development team’s velocity.
* Definition of high-level architecture as well as selection of design patterns, and choice of languages and libraries/frameworks
* Prototyping, hands-on evaluation and development in key projects
* Work with Technical Director to grow the team and build on the collaborative environment that exists between the technical team and other business departments
* Mentoring developers and ensuring that the development team stays on track
* Ensuring that developers adhere to chosen methodologies, practices and standards
* Performance and scalability of all systems and applications
* Identification and prioritisation of key risks
* Work with technical team members to develop and/or promote best practices for the team
Skills & Requirements
* 7+ years of experience designing and developing web applications using various technologies and languages, with a strong focus on Java and open source technologies such as Spring and Hibernate
* 2+ years of experience in mentoring other developers and ensuring the quality of their work
* Experienced in object oriented analysis and design
* Great understanding of web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing and deployment
* Experience in implementing the above in the context of Rich Internet Applications and CMS
* Solid grasp of development tools and build and deployment processes
* Expertise in machine learning algorithms, Natural Language Processing and Content Management Systems like Magnolia CMS would be an advantage
* Proven communications skills
About Research Research Ltd.
Research Research Ltd is a successful publishing and data business with a strong technology focus. We provide information about the research-funding environment to organisations (mostly universities) to help them better achieve their goals. Whether it’s a global initiative to tackle infectious disease or a small, narrowly-focused grants programme for mathematicians in Finland, we’ll tell you what’s happening, who’s involved and what the implications of the programme are likely to be. We are based in Shoreditch.
Despite having been in business for nearly 20 years we have a friendly, informal, startup-style environment with a flat management structure. We are growing our development capacity significantly and have several big projects on the horizon involving new technologies around big data and machine learning. This role will see you involved in the full life-cycle of these projects and in helping to grow the technical capability within the company.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please