QuidProQuo is a fresh new startup that is looking to disrupt the financial services industry and make finance fair for small businesses and investors.
We’re looking for an experienced front-end developer / user-interface engineer to join our team, help build a web application from scratch and create beautiful user experiences.
You will be one of the company’s earliest employees so this is a great opportunity to have an active say in system architecture and team development, and share in the success as the business grows.
* You have a talent for front-end design and a passion for good user experience.
* You are experienced with web-focused scripting languages and frameworks such as Python/Django, Ruby/Rails or PHP/Drupal.
* You have experience developing within a LAMP stack architecture, a solid grounding in internet protocols and web technologies (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, caching etc)
* You have an ability to rapidly acquire new software skills and to work with new technologies.
* You have a disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance.
* You are enthusiastic and motivated. You enjoy working in a team and can also work autonomously.
* Some experience working in financial services.
* Experience working in a startup environment.
* A working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Agile / SCRUM development methodology.
* Knowledge of Drupal theming engine.
* Some understanding of SEO and SEM techniques.
* Experience of data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
* Plunge yourself into the life of a fast-moving start-up that is growing quickly.
* Work with a passionate team who are on a mission to change the world of finance for the better. The company has a big vision and substantial funding has been secured.
* Opportunity to build a brand new web app starting from a blank sheet.
* Work alongside our CTO in an informal environment, helping shape the culture of the business in its early days.
* Be part of the vibrant tech community around Silicon Roundabout with the opportunity to take part in social events with like-minded people.
* Depending on skills and experience there is an opportunity to the be the lead for the development team.
* Compensation: highly motivating, depending on experience.
* Candidates for a permanent position preferred; freelancers will also be considered.
No agencies please.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please