About the Role
Project Enthuse is a new Venture Capital funded start-up. Project Enthuse brings together various web concepts such as publishing, social networking, community and ecommerce to create something new and fresh.
As the senior technology manager you will be responsible for designing, driving and delivering the platform that underpins the business. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor; the role offers a basic salary, benefits and equity in the business.
• Defining and designing tech architecture
• Project Management of development workload
• Provide smart and efficient technology solutions to fulfil company goals
• Oversight of hosting and networking arrangements, including management of associated third party contracts
• Management & maintenance of all consumer & internal software & technical systems
• Establish technical standards and ensure adherence to them for product development and company operations
• Hiring and managing small team of developers
Software Development Abilities
• Solid OOP background and detailed academic/professional knowledge
• An understanding of RESTful resources and best programming practices
• At least 18 months Ruby on Rails (or similar ruby MVC framework) experience
• Solid knowledge of Ruby 1.87+ and PostgreSQL or mySQL
• Experience with high traffic ruby websites – or an understanding of writing ruby code that is scalable and performance optimised.
Desired Skills and Experience
• Running agile development teams, (XP, Scrum, Kamban)
• Experience with TDD/BDD, RSpec/Cucumber development desired
• Experience with OAuth desired
• Ability to design/develop/utilise data within an API/Service orientated structure.
• Understanding of Agile methodologies, web standards, RSS, XHTML, JSON, Git a plus.
• Managing projects, resources & budgets from estimate to delivery
• Overseeing QA and code reviews
• Liaising with designers, product management and other stake holders at senior levels
• Line managing a small team
• Some experience of Facebook (or other Social Networking API’s), JQuery
• Adaptive, problem-solving approach with strong anticipation
• Powerful written & verbal communication skills then enable you to understand & influence anyone.
• An analytical mind, an eye for detail and a creative streak
• A passion for your work
Please send a CV with cover letter to email@example.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please