What requisite experience do I need to apply?
- Experience recruiting and leading a first-class engineering team
- Commitment to high-speed iteration, high code quality, and continuous improvement -- via agile processes, code reviews, automated testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience building consumer-facing websites and/or mobile applications
- A natural flair for building great-looking, seamless user experiences that take advantage of the full performance capabilities of the user’s hardware
- Very strong understanding of graphics, math, core computer science (data structures & algorithms), and object-oriented programming
- Experience using suitable debugging and profiling tools; familiarity with networking protocols
- Knowledge of version control and build systems; git and maven preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- An analytical approach to problem solving
- An outgoing & personable attitude
- Preferably degree educated
This role requires you to be technically hands on some of the time so only candidates with a strong grasp no less than 3 of the below will be considered:
In addition to the above, candidates who have experience with the below will be viewed favourably:
- Familiarity with any other programming languages
- Experience with social network APIs and creating social network applications
- Good knowledge of design patterns and anti-patterns
What will I be responsible for?
You will be responsible for continuous improvement in regards to your team output and the quality of the software they produce.
- You will be expected to introduce new techniques, tools, and practices
- You will need to coach, and mentor the team when necessary
- You will spend at least half of your time contributing to the team at a technical level, whether through architecture and design, code reviews, or writing code yourself
- Identify and implement emerging technologies and engineering practices that will improve efficiency and productivity, or expand capabilities
Who We Are Looking For
What are we looking for?
Plumbee are looking for an Engineering Manager to head up part pf their client side teams – we need someone who have demonstrable experience as a senior technical leader to help us drive our next stage of growth.
The Engineering Manager will have the opportunity to expand and improve their skill sets from both a technical and leadership perspective so you need to have a desire to lead from the front, have a big appetite to learn on the go and the ability to operate in a fast moving and changeable environment.
Why work for us:
- Flexible and fair working hours and conditions
- Choice of win/mac/linux and desktop or laptop
- Market-rate pay, pension, benefits and stock options
- The opportunity to have your work seen and enjoyed by millions of users
- A place where you can have a real and visible impact
- A laser-focused attitude in a laid back setting of Mirra chairs, game consoles, pool and foosball tables as well as free snacks and drinks
- A very generous base salary depending on level of experience
Who are Plumbee? We pride ourselves on high-quality, polished games that stand out from the competition and offer a unique and premium experience to our users. We focus on impact, we value innovation and creativity and we recognise and reward talent, merit and passion. We are the only start-up with a serious presence in both free-to-play and real-money digital casino You can learn more about our story here.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Job Published By
Sorry, no agencies please