Pinipa (http://pinipa.com) is an early stage tech startup based in London. Our product is an enterprise SaaS product, which utilises the principles of crowdsourcing to help people shape and deliver change collaboratively.
Whilst still a small team, we have big ambitions. We want to be the 'go-to place' for all employees for anything on their change agenda within an organisation. We have some great reference customers and exciting plans to progress the product and business to the next stage.
We're looking for a talented, junior front-end developer to build maintainable, reusable and elegant front-end code (HTML, CSS, JS) from wireframes and designs. You will be a key member of the development team, involved in creating customer facing, responsive web applications. You will come to know our main application thoroughly and be proficient at investigating and solving bugs, as and when they arise. This position requires unlimited enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and an active interest in emerging web technologies.
This role will be responsible for the following activities:
• Designing and implementing clean, efficient and reusable code
• Collaborating and working together with the development team
• Creating prototypes to test new ideas and concepts
• Taking ownership of code produced
• Investigating bugs and resolving them
As a small team, who you are and what you stand for is as important (or more important) to us as what you can do. We are looking for people who:
• Are passionate about web technologies and stay on top of current trends
• Are keen learners, and able to self-teach if necessary
• Can work with the other developers and wider team to deliver world-class products
• Are not afraid to challenge us, if you think we could be doing things better
• You enjoy the daily sharing of ideas and sparring in an active, outgoing development team, as well as sharing your knowledge and special experience with other team members
This role will report directly to the Chief Technology Officer (CTO).
To perform this role effectively, you will need the following skills:
• 1-3 years of relevant experience with web development and applications
• Solid understanding of programming concepts and the ability to write clean, concise and maintainable code
• Familiarity with using source control software (we use GIT)
• Experience using REST APIs
It will also help if you have some experience in the following areas:
• SASS / LESS
• Software testing methodologies / principles
• MongoDB (or similar NoSQL databases)
And the added extras...
We are based in White Bear Yard in Clerkenwell, London. We are in the heart of a great startup scene, being part of a network of many well respected and successful tech startups.
Passion organise regular events for their portfolio startups, including a fortnightly lunch and developer’s drinks. Our team also regularly make use of the great street food markets across the road on Leather Lane, and eat on our roof terrace during summer.
Our employees all receive Perkbox memberships, which gives you access to a whole bunch of added extras, see the complete package here: https://perkbox.co.uk/pinipa
Furthermore, employees get 25 days holiday per year.
Why work for us:
By joining the Pinipa team, you will have the opportunity to play an active role in shaping the company, the product and the customer experience. Your voice and opinion will be valued. We are proud of what we have achieved to date, and are excited by what is ahead. We are looking for people who are willing to play an active role in helping achieve our ambitions, and have fun while doing it. For more information, visit www.pinipa.com.
Pinipa is an early stage tech startup based in London. Our product is an enterprise SaaS product, which utilises the principles of crowdsourcing to help people shape & deliver change collaboratively. Whilst still a small team, we have big ambitions. We want to be the ‘go-to place’ for all employees for anything on their change agenda within an organisation. We have some great reference customers and exciting plans to progress the product and business to the next stage. Our market is significant, being high value, enterprise-wide and global. We have plans to grow aggressively and scale internationally over the next couple of years. We are backed by Passion Capital, one of the most respected early stage VCs in London. Eileen Burbidge, who the Telegraph called the Queen of Silicon Roundabout, serves as a Non-Exec Director on our Board. We live the principles we promote through our product. Our values are: • Empower everyone; be inclusive • Keep it simple • Be flexible & nimble • Think big, act small
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required: 1-3 years of relevant experience with web development and applications
Salary/package: Up to £30k
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please