We’re building the most comprehensive data set on wireless networks in the world. We want to know which mobile networks are the best in any area, where the best wi-fi hotspots are located and how you can get better signal on your cell phone in realtime. We do this by crowd-sourcing data from users of our mobile application – data which we then take and visualize on our website OpenSignal.com
We’ve had over 2.5million people download our application to date and have worked with the BBC, TIME Magazine, Forbes and many more to publicize our reports on wireless. We’ve also recently closed our seed round of $1.3million from a fantastic set of investors: O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures, Passion Capital and Qualcomm Ventures to ramp things up to the next level. We’re growing extremely fast but there is still an opportunity to get involved whilst we are young (equity is a part of the compensation).
You love the product and have visions for what it could be. It could be cartography, big data, crowdsourcing or wireless networks: whatever it is, there has to be something about this project that grabs you.
You’re brilliant at what you do. Of course everyone wants talented people. But some companies are more interested in what you do and not how you do it while we want to learn from you. We love to see people who take pride in how they do things.
You’ll get a competitive salary (yawn) that depends on experience. In addition, and more importantly, you’ll receive equity options giving you a share in the company. As you help us grow the company, you get to reap the rewards.
Informal environment, flexible work style, great scene We’re based near Old St, London, at the heart of London’s tech scene, it’s a lot of hard work and a lot of fun.
What you’ll do
* Create beautiful and clear visualizations and info-graphics based on our unique dataset.
* Design and implement additional sections of the OpenSignal.com website and improve existing parts.
* Improve the design of the OpenSignal Android and iOS applications.
What you’re good at
* You’re fluent in things like Photoshop, Illustrator and CSS. To you these are not so much tools as extensions of your limbs.
* You design for mobile apps and websites of all sorts of screen sizes and have a broad portfolio of cool stuff to prove it.
* You like to make designs that are simple, elegant and scale well across screen sizes. You have strong opinions on what’s good and what’s bad about the design of each app and website that you use.
* You are pedantic about pixels … but can work to a deadline.
Find out more about us and the job at http://opensignal.com/jobs
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please