About the Role
To get to the point the company get "shit" done and have proven in the short time they have been operational that they have what it takes. Yeah there will be a few late nights and early mornings as any new start up does. But you will be rewarded for this and made to feel a part of something special. They are a football social networking site and also real money gambling. The team who I am proud to say we recruited some of, are hardworking and have a good laugh. Betting on football results for beer is a must so do not apply if you don’t like football or beer. And please don’t call it soccer.
So do you want to be todays Francis Jeffers or tomorrows Raheem Sterling.
• You will be mostly working with new code and product rather than maintaining existing code
• The project is focussed around gamification, and a lot of the work will involve detailed UX investigation
• You will work closely with our Tech Lead and Product Lead whose main roles are to define spec new features, whilst refining and testing existing ones
• You’ll receive a competitive package made up of salary, bonuses, benefits and options which will be set to match your skills and experience
• You will be part of a growing team of front-end developers, peer-reviewing code, setting and maintaining high quality coding standards
• Ideally you’ll have worked for a revenue generating start up before, though that’s not absolutely essential.
• You must be positive, hardworking and personable. Our whole team is easy to get on with, relaxed but productive and work to very high standards. The resulting team dynamic is valuable and we don’t want to undermine it
• We aim to deliver efficiently and reliably in the first instance, and only refine it to be exceptional once the basics have been cracked
• We need people that understand that a robust MVP is a priority, but care deeply about evolving that into the best possible user experience in due course. You’ll need to be able to switch mind sets from “getting shit done” and “surprising and delighting” to the task at hand.
Skills we’re looking for
• CSS3 (+ Stylus or knowledge of another preprocessor)
• Knowledge of Symfony2
• Knowledge of test driven development
• An eye for good design
• PHP 5.4
Currently a team of 10 based in Clerkenwell, and we’ve been partnered with a development agency to get us off the ground and now we’re looking for permanent staff. Now that we’re on our way, we’re looking for full time passionate technologists who are interested in learning new things every day. We’re a collaborative, ego-free team and we understand that the greatest ideas can come from anyone, regardless of their role. Also we’re a start-up, so we’re big fans of an entrepreneurial attitude (never afraid to wear multiple hats).
TO APPLY PLEASE EMAIL CV TO Recruitment@nak.co.uk with the Subject header tech city jobs
Team/Dept: Project Manager
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please
New start up fantastic opportunity, exciting sector (really exciting)