Job Title Principal Developer
This role will be based out of MTT’s Hampstead Village office, just 5 miles from Central London
*About Mobile Travel Technologies (MTT)”
· Mobile Travel Technologies Ltd (“MTT”) are the world’s leading mobile specialist for the travel industry
· Innovation and creativity are at the heart of what we do – designing and delivering award winning mobile solutions that inspire and delight our customers is our passion
· Our technology stack includes lots of lots of Open Source, mainly Java, Spring, Tomcat, MySQL, some Mongo and Node, on the native client side iOS, Android, some BlackBerry and Windows Phone, on test side, lots of leading edge automated test tools
· Our impressive roster of world class customers includes; easyJet, Qantas Group’s Jetstar, Flybe, Atlantis The Palm and Jumeirah Hotels & Resorts
· Interested in learning more? Watch a short video of our award winning easyJet app, vist http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiT_4I9_yE4&feature=youtu.be
Where does the role fit in to MTT?
· Mobile Travel Technologies Ltd (MTT) is seeking a Principal Developer to create new and disruptive products for the travel industry for our newly opening office in the UK
· While this is a startup development team for our new London office, MTT comes with a proven business model, highly experienced management team and an existing customer base using our award winning mobile products
· You will work on a truly innovative and game changing product for our customers, facilitating millions of last minute bookings by end users worldwide
What will I be doing?
This person will be responsible for leading architecture, development and implementation for new product concepts. He/she will act as subject matter expert for all things technical relating to this new division of MTT
· Provide technical guidance to define, and drive the architecture of our mobile product –technically influencing our product as it evolves
· Engage in rapid deployment of product features and functionality, (with a heavy focus on Java back end development)
· Use your creativity to lead R&D phase, provide a roadmap for future mobile development
· Continually lead the charge on technical innovation and improvements, actively scaling our product as we move from start up to growth phase
· Oversee the growth of our London mobile development team
· Act as technical mentor & Scrum Master
· Research and implement new and better ways of working, to constantly drive the technical excellence of our product – be that software development processes, architecture, platform etc.
What we’re looking for
· This role is all about technology and innovation – our Principal Developer will have deep expertise in an agile Java development environment, with upwards of 7+ years’ expertise
· You will be extremely comfortable at both development and architectural level
· A thoughtful, pragmatic Developer with an entrepreneurial attitude that gets quality projects done quickly
· Willingness to join and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment with other like-minded individuals
· Strong desire to influence the product being built
· Ability to effectively communicate under pressure
· Curiosity to maintain cutting edge knowledge of current and emerging technologies
· Long-term vision and ability to anticipate future business needs
· Extensive knowledge in popular programming languages including compiled languages
· Extensive experience developing and scaling REST APIs
· iOS and Android experience is a huge plus.
More importantly – What we offer you
· The opportunity to have significant impact on the creation of new businesses
· Ability to build a team of like-minded people that work effectively to develop amazing products
· Regular visibility to the CEO and other key company stakeholders
· It helps that we offer extremely competitive reward including generous pay,, regular performance related bonuses, paid for private healthcare and the opportunity to participate in our Employee Share Option Scheme.
· You can also take advantage of a range of employee perks including; attendance at cool tech conferences, continuing training & development, fruit/chocolate, endless supply of tea/coffee and much more!
· Career progression is guaranteed with this role, for the right candidate
· As our London Development team and our products evolve, whether you want to move upwards and assume formal team lead/managerial responsibility or focus on architecture or product enhancement, the opportunity is here for the taking
· Please forward your CV and salary expectations to email@example.com
· Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, as regrettably we will not be offering work sponsorship
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please