Miniclip.com is looking for an experienced PHP Specialist to hire in our London (UK) Studio. This is a full-time, permanent position; please apply only if you have the right to work in the UK.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
* R&D into future improvements
* Dealing with the more complex aspects of the job
* Mentoring and reviewing the work of more junior developers/designers Understanding how the department and its codebase works Understanding every aspect of the development process
We’re looking for a social, hard-working person who enjoys working in a team with other people and is passionate and dedicated about his/her work. The ideal candidate will be strongly skilled in the following:
* Experienced developers, who are fully proficient in the more complex aspects of the role 3-5 years programming experience
* OO PHP
* Unit Testing (PHP Unit)
* MySQL Memcache or Redis implementation Experience Linux Administration
* Team Player
* Excellent Initiative
* Accountability and Ownership
* Ability to motivate and develop others
* Good Judgement
* Action and Results Orientation
* Keeping up to date with the latest technologies and techniques
The following skills are desirable but not essential:
* In Depth Knowledge of Apache
* GA trained
* REST APIs / OAuth use
* Experience with Cloud Solutions
* In depth knowledge of HTTP and other web protocols
Please send your CV and examples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference MUK014. .
You will be working in our fashionable, open plan Games Development Studio in Farringdon with enthusiasts and professionals from the games industry. We like to maintain a very friendly and relaxed atmosphere, and we understand that being tied to a desk all day is not fun. That’s why there is a private roof terrace, pool table, 100” screen with an X-box, Wii and PS3, fridge with complimentary drinks for all staff, fresh fruit delivered weekly, regular team building and social events, and even free optional yoga once a week!
We also have a fantastic benefits package, with BUPA medical and dental cover, life insurance cover, critical illness cover, an income protection scheme, a generous holiday entitlement and a pension plan with company matching contributions (up to set levels).
Miniclip is the online, mobile and social games company that attracts more than 70 million unique game players every month and is the Internet’s largest online games website. The company develops, publishes and distributes more than 800 online and mobile games. Founded in 2001, Miniclip is privately owned and privately funded with its headquarters in Switzerland and offices in six countries. Miniclip is the only company to ever win the prestigious Webby People’s Voice Award, the “Oscars of the Internet” for the Internet’s Best Game Site for three consecutive years. For more information, visit www.miniclip.com.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please