The JustRide server platform drives a dynamic graphical back-office UI, supports our mobile applications, provides secure web ticketing sales and will also be doing some fairly involved fraud analysis, related analytics and number crunching. It handles multiple thousands of payment transactions a day and over $50 million in revenue went through the platform in 2014 – a figure which will likely double in 2015.
In this role you will really get under the skin of mobile development across multiple platforms, so you should relish the opportunity to set the technical direction of apps that touch the lives of millions, and like the challenge of developing in multiple languages and environments.
You will be working within a highly collaborative cross-functional team of server and client developers, QAs and Product Managers, building and maintaining the mobile components of a cloud-hosted, multi-tenancy transport ticket sales service. Additionally you will be working with a wide range of technologies and business domains in an agile software development environment.
• Experience in the two major platforms we support – iPhone, Android. Significant working experience in either iOS or Android with a desire to work with both.
• Minimum two years experience in Java, Objective C or C++, with at least one year experience in a second language (outside of academia).
• An understanding of the value of unit testing and related techniques.
• Working experience using agile methodologies (e.g. Kanban, XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery).
• Experience working in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Like working across multiple disciplines and generally getting stuck in to whatever is required to get the job done and get better at delivering.
• Evidence of apps published on an app store.
• Experience building a consumer facing mobile product.
• Understanding of critical mobile tools such as XCode, including familiarity with associated compiler and linker messages.
• An interest in new or different mobile development platforms.
• Experience in Hudson/Jenkins, ANT, Maven, and SVN – or equivalent CI, build tools and version control.
You must be eligible to work and live in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please no recruiters/agencies
Why work for us:
Masabi is the world’s leading provider of mobile ticketing solutions for the transport industry, allowing customers to buy and display tickets on their smartphone. Our JustRide mTicket applications mean that waiting in line for tickets is a thing of the past for customers whilst agencies are able to drastically reduce the cost of their operations. Our first major client was Boston in 2012. In 2014 we rolled out mobile ticketing to and Athens and this year we’re doing the same in New York as well as other major global cities.
Masabi’s award-winning ‘Ticket Machine in Your Pocket’ applications and JustRide Platform signal the end of ticket lines by allowing passengers to quickly and securely buy and display tickets on mobile. The company’s technology allows transit agencies to transform their passengers’ travel experience while also dramatically expanding sales capacity without significantly increasing costs.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Great salary + benefits and even an ice cream fridge!!
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please
We’re looking for a mobile developer to work in our highly successful JustRide team