lynda.com and video2brain are the market leaders in online education, providing online video training to millions of people across the world. Privately held and profitable, we’re expanding our global presence by building a world-class team at our location in central London. The Technical Support Specialist performs corporate desktop for Mac and Windows clients, basic server support, and expert level Apple software support. This position reports to the Team Lead based in the United States.
- Install and configure desktop and Internet applications on both Windows and MacOS.
- Troubleshoot TCP/IP networking issues on both Windows and MacOS client machines.
- Troubleshoot wireless networking issues on both Windows and MacOS.
- Track software and hardware licenses and warranties for each workstation to facilitate repair or replacement as needed.
- Configure and manage Apple OSX clients on high-end Mac Pro graphical editing workstations.
- Configure Windows and MacOS clients to connect to VPNs.
- Support iPhones and other productivity tools.
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video conferencing and projector systems.
- Support mail server.
- Provide technical support to the Executive Team and their assistants.
- Document IT procedures for end users.
- Provide 24/7 on-call support per rotation schedule.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Experience and qualifications:
- A minimum of 2 years’ Mac OSX and PC system administration experience
- A minimum of 1 year of experience configuring dhcp, wireless 802.11, printers, DNS, e-mail, and NTP
- Familiarity with UNIX editor (preferably VI) and commands such as ls, chown, chmod, sudo, su, top, ping, dig, netstat, ifconfig, scp, cron, and ssh preferred
- Must be comfortable standardizing application suite and automating some processes
- Experience setting up video conferencing preferred
- Able to learn new things quickly and to understand new concepts and technologies
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Proven ability to interface with senior executives, their assistants, and staff at all levels
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment to resolve issues in the most effective manner
- Tactical thinker with superior organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task
- Deadline-oriented, self-starter with the ability to juggle multiple projects, deadlines, and priorities in a fast-paced environment
lynda.com offers an extraordinary work environment, tremendous opportunity for advancement, and great benefits.
lynda.com is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants who apply for a position are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital, or veteran status.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please