Livedrive provides online storage and backup services to over 500,000 customers and is the fastest growing company of it’s kind in Europe.
We offer online backup (like Carbonite & Mozy), Sync (like Dropbox & SugarSync) and business collaboration (like Box.net).
We offer services direct to consumers and businesses and we also have a highly successful reseller channel including Dixons, PC World, Samsung and Intel.
We are about 30 people currently based in central London. We are profitable and highly cash generative. We’ve hired some of the smartest engineers and developers we can find and have built a highly committed, focused team.
Now we are looking to build on this success and significantly increase our scale. We were founded and backed by Andrew Michael, who previously built at sold Fasthosts – the UK’s leading web hosting company – so the company is well funded yet retains a dynamic, fast
paced startup environment.
Up to £150k + significant equity incentive. Package is open to negotiation and will be based on experience and circumstances of the candidate. The Role
We are seeking a VP Engineering to take responsibility for product development, operations and delivery. You’ll work closely with the CEO and other stakeholders on technology strategy and architecture and will have full responsibility for:
• Management of software development including project management, code reviews, setting goals and prioritizing the roadmap
• Management of testing, QA and releases
• Management of operations, defining SLAs and ensuring they are met
• Management of technical helpdesk
• Key interface with product management
Required Skills & Experience
You’ll need the following:
• Experience of building complex products with a significant amount of in house engineering and operating them
• Experience of a variety technologies – Livedrive uses c-sharp, Objective C, C, C++, PHP, Java across both Linux and Windows platforms. You won’t be expected to cut code on a daily basis but you’ll be capable of prototyping ideas if you wanted to.
• Strong experience across both Linux and Windows operating systems as well as a variety of hardware
• Good knowledge of IP networks and the TCP/IP stack
• Highly numerate analytical and with excellent communication skills – able to communicate complex ideas clearly and with gravitas
We are not looking for Chief Architect/CTO nor a ‘pureist’ technologist – you’ll be lead by the customer experience in everything you do and be a strong leader and manager of people.
You’ll need proven experience at the heart of a company who’s business model depends on building quality products economically that have scaled to millions of end users and/or involved big-data challenges. Ideally you will also have experience within a startup/small business environment.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please