Knodium an early stage, funded startup creating an open learning network that allows students to engage and interact with their peers and tutors.
Location: Google Campus, London
The Area: Software Engineering
This summer, Knodium is looking to hire a crack team of Special Projects Engineers.
Knodium’s Software Engineers develop ground breaking web based collaboration technology which finds applications in universities and colleges as well as online courses and MOOCs.
Education technology companies are notorious for bad design and poor software. We are a small team working to make a big impact in education by creating innovative, usable, great-looking products that people love to use.
We have vacancies in our East London office for people who are seeking 2 – 3 month technical internships over the summer period.
The Role: Engineering Intern
As an Intern with us you’ll have the opportunity to work in an early stage, funded startup. You will be working within a small team helping to develop innovative, user-friendly, best-of-breed products. You must have a strong technical background and an eye for making things better. You will be working alongside other Interns and the core team on projects that will go directly to our users.
* Develop prototypes and demonstrate ideas quickly and coherently.
* Work as part of a team to achieve specific milestones on Special Projects.
* Assessment and exploration of development / test / business automation ideas and opportunities.
* Automate your role before your internship ends.
Projects at Knodium require a wide range of different skills. If you have an interesting mix of any of the following then we’d like to hear from you.
* Be studying for a MEng / MSc / MSci or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline.
* Comfortable in a UNIX / Linux based networked environment.
* Comfortable with multi-threaded, multi-process and multi-node distributed techniques.
* Ability to form distributed consensus both in Software and with colleagues.
* Programming experience in a range of high and low level programming languages such as C / FORTH / Python / Perl or Scheme.
* An understanding of SQL and noSQL engines, features and tradeoffs.
* Have your own ideas about software lifecycle management / QA automation and development models.
* A passion for automation.
If you’d like to join us, all you need is an aptitude for problem solving and a passion for improving education!
To apply: email@example.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please