About us and our Mission
Klappo is an innovative and ambitious startup with a simple mission (which is rather complicated to achieve): help people to improve their health and to be more conscious about what they are buying and eating every day.
Our main objective is to become the “Google for Ingredients”.
By analyzing the ingredient composition of both food recipes and packaged product’s label we want to extract a lot of data and information that is not immediately accessible and that can be used in many different contexts. And this is not valid only for food but also for medicine, cleaning products and cosmetics.
Our platform aims to be unbiased, independent, flexible and with a pure algorithmic approach to make as much information as possible available to third party developers via our API.
* You’re a great developer who wants to apply and stretch your skills in a meaningful, high impact place
* You have an intuitive, independent mind and aren’t afraid to challenge received wisdom
* You have a portfolio of software, web and mobile applications that you are proud of, and at least one of them has a large amount of users
* You know backend and frontend, and you like to express different things in different tongues: Ruby on Rails, Java, Python, Objective C, PHP – whatever is the best tool for the job
* You know scalability and best practices in building scalable applications
* You enjoy working within a dynamic, multi-disciplinary team and explaining your work in simple language
* You’re a motivated self-starter who gets a buzz out of knowing the tools you build will change lives
* You have a demonstrable interest in Natural Language Processing
* You have experience and/or interest in the BIG DATA sector
* You know about open source and contribute to one or more projects
You might be…
* In a safe job but really wanting to do your own thing for a while. You’ve been waiting for the right idea to come along. This is that idea.
* You’ve built and left your first startup. You miss the cut and thrust of a startup, where you are part of a small team of motivated, aligned and hungry dreamers, and your decisions influence everything. You are looking for your next start up. This is that start up.
* A freelancer who has done everything for everyone. But it’s time for an environment where you are committed, inspired by the people you work with, and want to better yourself all the time. This is that environment.
What you’ll get:
* A competitive startup salary
* Founder’s shares (for the right person)
* The opportunity to work alongside an incredible group of change-makers from the world of media, medicine and business (our advisory board)
* A working life that is challenging yet balanced, thoughtful but focused on delivery, and will keep you engaged every single day
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please