import.io is a young start-up of just over 30 people, looking to shake-up the world of data. From our homebase in London, we’re working hard to give people a totally new way to access the web.
Pay is top quartile, everyone gets equity in the company (as well as catered meals every day!), and there are plenty of opportunities to socialise with a beer around our foosball table, grow your skills, and attend our awesome company offsites!
import.io is looking for a web developer to lead the front-end development of our consumer product.
You will be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation and testing of our consumer webapps.
Responsibilities would include:
- Laying groundwork within the company for the delivery of our data products to prepare for post Series A expansion of your team
- Working within an end-to-end product team to deliver new or improved features
- Working with the data team to understand vertical requirements through PoCs
We’d love to see:
- Great communication skills, and some leadership experience.
- Someone who has a great attitude, and is fun to work with.
- Someone who’s excited by our product, and invested in pushing it forward.
- A thirst for learning and understanding cutting edge technologies.
- Experience commercially designing and building web applications using technologies such as Angular.js, SASS, Bower, Grunt, etc.
- Some experience with UX and design.
- A thorough understanding of web technology, including HTML, HTTP, JS, etc.
- Dedication to quality-oriented practices like code reviews, pair programming and refactoring
A bonus would be:
- Experience with agile methodologies and fast paced / startup environments
- Contributions to open source projects
What you’ll get!
- Working for a company that has won loads of international start-up awards! We’ve been named as one of the coolest places to work (twice)! We love what we do, and who we do it with.
- Great location - With offices in both London and San Francisco, we are in the heart of the technology scene in both the US and Europe.
- Great people - We’ve assembled an incredibly diverse, talented and spirited team who genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday.
- Challenges - The freedom to grow and define your own role so you can leave work everyday knowing you’ve made a difference.
- Learning on the job - Investigating new technologies is always encouraged
- Healthcare - You get full coverage for medical, dental, and optical insurance.
- Paid lunches - We have catered lunch everyday and provide plenty of tasty snacks.
- A share in the company - All employees own a part of the company.
- Fun & Games - It’s not all work; we have movie nights, lunch activities, happy hours and a bi-annual offsite.
- Gym membership - 50% off Virgin Active membership
- Individual training & book budgets
- Your choice of laptop - Mac or PC
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: £45,000 - £60,000 (dependent on experience) + shares
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please