Pulse Innovations is a digital media company and a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Europe. Closely aligned with the professional sports industry, this is a unique opportunity to work with leading Media Publishers and Sports Federations. Pulse is in a period of rapid growth and we are looking for Java Developers to join our team.
You will be working at Sony’s headquarters in Basingstoke (35 minutes from Clapham Junction). You will be part of the Development Team and responsible for creating back-ends to websites viewed by millions of people. You will work closely with the Pulse Creative Team to scope, build and test new features. You will use your knowledge of JSON to define clear interfaces with the front-end team that are flexible and suitable for large-scale digital platforms.
Pulse was founded in 2008. A B2B digital business, with a mission to enhance the engagement and interaction sports fans have with sporting events using digital platforms and advanced media.
Now an integral part of Sony Professional’s Sports Business, Pulse serves Sports Federations and Media Publishers, delivering live sports content across internet-enabled devices as a turn-key solution.
JOB ROLE »
The role of Java Developer will require you to:
1. Produce, update and maintain data driven back-ends using Java, Spring and Hibernate.
2. Provide technical advice and integration help to members of the creative team and front-end team.
3. Develop, maintain and execute testing plans.
4. Produce, update and maintain technical documentation.
5. Maintain awareness of industry trends and emerging technologies.
6. Deliver projects on time and in full whilst also handling day-to-day operational issues.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Java Developer with a strong background in developing back-ends to dynamic large-scale web-sites.
The Java Developer must be expert in:
4. Hibernate (MySQL)
Other desirable skills:
• RESTful interfaces
• HTML, CSS
• Continuous Integration
To apply, please email: email@example.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please