We’re looking for an experienced Python developer with strong data engineering experience to help build our products, process and classify our increasingly extensive collections of data, and to scale up our systems for a fast-growing user base. You will be working closely as part of a small team to munge, analyse, model and extract useful business intelligence from this data to present in a useful format to our customers
Who We Are Looking For
- You will have advanced practical experience of Python and Linux, with at least two years of commercial experience working with large datasets.
- You will have experience of working within an agile development team and are familiar with all that it entails. e.g. development lifecycles and OOP
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, relishing the prospect of working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- You will be a motivated, energetic self-starter with a demonstrable passion for technology
Desirable technical knowledge includes:
- Fluency in additional programming languages such as Java or C++
- Web-based data acquisition techniques and experience of cloud platforms
- NoSQL databases
- Distributed processing systems e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark
- A technical or numerate degree is of course advantageous but attitude, communication and a strong interest in data are much more important.
Why work for us:
- You will be working in a motivated, fast moving team: we have plenty of interesting challenges.
- Technical freedom (e.g. to use new technologies and shape the product and explore your ideas )
- Regular salary reviews
- Opportunity to participate at relevant conferences/events (e.g.. Pydata)
- Team dinners and activities, frequent team events/beer and birthday cakes!
Growth Intelligence is a pioneer of nowcasting: tracking the performance and activity of millions of companies at the same time using real-time signals and advanced machine-learning. In the past, companies had to rely on old legal filings or previous credit ratings for intelligence. With Growth Intelligence, our clients can get up-to-the-minute information on the sales and performance of millions of companies to drive their business development and marketing activities.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Dependent on Experience
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please