GearShed is a peer-to-peer marketplace where people can rent outdoor sports equipment from other people or rental businesses around the UK. We’re currently pre-launch but a significant amount of work has been completed by our CTO and we expect to be online over the next couple of months.
This position would suit someone looking to be a founding member of a fast moving startup that has had some previous experience developing webapps (although we encourage all levels of experience to apply). We are an adventurous bunch and are super ambitious about expanding quickly.
You will be a part of a four-person team working to bring our MVP online before helping to design and implement incremental improvements and adding functionality to the site. The role will also extend into maintenance of the site and occasional customer support in the early stages.
As a pre-revenue startup we are currently offering an equity stake in our business. However, we are in the process of fund raising and this position would transition into a full time salaried role should we secure appropriate backing.
• Working with our CTO to bring the MVP online.
• Gathering and analysing usage data to improve the site and add new features.
• Other suitable work depending on expertise.
Who We’re Looking For
• Experience with Node.js, Ember. Experience using MongoDB would be an advantage.
• Creative, reliable and hardworking.
• Someone who doesn’t mind working remotely (we’re very rarely in the same place and can often be found working while away in the mountains or over skype).
• Can travel into Central London when needed.
• Someone with an interest in the outdoors and adventure.
• Someone who is interested or familiar with the tech startup world.
• Someone able to work on the project in their spare time or evenings.
If you think this might be you please get in touch.
Job type: Co-Founder
Remote working possible: yes
Level of experience required:
Salary/package: Equity negotiable
This is remote working job
Sorry, no agencies please
If you are adventurous and would love to be a major part of an early stage but fast moving start-up this is for you.