Foodity Technologies Ltd.
e-commerce, web applications
Full Time Permanent
Years of Experience
Competitive salary negotiable on experience, bonus scheme & benefits package
We are seeking a test automation engineer to come and join our software team based in central London. Our business in e-commerce and web applications is constantly growing. We are now looking to expand our current team with QA engineers to deliver top quality products and services to our wide range of renowned national and international clients.
You will be working in a diverse and multi-national team where you will be responsible for the system/software testing, and form an integral part of the new product development operation.
As the ideal candidate, you have a good technical background, including development experience. You are very end-user oriented and creative with the ability to think “out of the box, which allows you to test even where developers fail to anticipate a problem.
The successful candidate will be given an opportunity to broaden their skills in software QA and testing significantly, by taking part in every step of the development cycle. The candidate will be working closely with our development team in a fast moving and agile environment, and will play a major role in supporting them with platform and API testing, and to implement testing and QA as part of our business’ on-going development strategy.
The test automation engineer will work closely together with the QA manager to build a solid Quality Assurance infrastructure within the company.
• Write and deploy automated functional, system and acceptance tests for all Foodity’s client solutions and services.
• Develop and execute API test cases to ensure stability of Foodity’s services and platform.
• Run tests on our continuous integration server (Jenkins and test centre).
• Analyze bug reports and errors, and improve test coverage by adding new tests for reported issues.
• Defect management and test reporting.
• Identify suitable tools for quality assurance, and implement them in to the QA process.
• Support test case development and test execution for new platform and service releases.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in computer engineering, electrical engineering, or similar.
Required skills and knowledge
• Minimum 2 years of experience in software development or test development
• Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
• Exposure to API testing and Test Automation
• Knowledge in Quality Assurance processes and procedures
• Background in ecommerce, web services and development.
• Experience with SCRUM.
• Basic knowledge in continuous integration and using servers such as Jenkins
• Experience in API compliance and functionality testing
• Experience with test automation tools such as Codeception, Selenium or similar.
• Expert in Blackbox and White/Greybox automation testing
• Good knowledge in human-computer interaction.
• Good understanding of browser-server interactions
• Knowledge in at least one PHP framework, ideally Symfony2
Personal qualities of the successful candidate
• You have a genuine interest in software and software quality.
• You are organised, efficient, and are comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment where deadlines are short.
• You have excellent communication skills and are able to work independently
• You’re analytical and problem solving skills are very strong.
• You are self-driven and motivated, enthusiastic and eager to learn.
• You are thorough and pay attention to detail.
If you are interested in this position please send an email introducing yourself to Rachel Hadley
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please