We’re the UK’s market-leading online supplier of event management software and meeting management technology to the events industry. We’re a web-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) solution that helps meeting and event professionals work smarter. We’re a fun group who love what we do – and, we’re growing!
We are looking for a professional UI Designer to join our team. Candidates are expected to be process driven individuals who will be involved in the early stages of understanding and discovery phases to develop easy to use, human-centered web applications. Applicants must be dynamic design thinkers and passionate advocates for our customers. They must have a knack for understanding what our users’ goals and ambitions are, and design with them in mind.
This role specs overall user experience, requirements analysis, navigation, paradigms, UI screen flow diagrams, wireframes, information architecture maps, task flows and documentation of screen-level interactions. Hands-on prototyping and production skills are absolutely essential as they will help make informed design decisions, test opportunities and refine them. You will work closely with our Head of Product and you are expected to closely collaborate with visual designers, and software engineers in a highly collaborative environment.
* BA or MA degree in Computer Science, UI Design, Interaction Design, Visual Design or other relevant field preferred; or or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* At least 5-years of interaction design experience (in a consultancy or products company) of working with clients and development teams and designing software applications (preferably web online software) and developing forward-thinking UX solutions including creating wire-frames, performing expert heuristic reviews, card sorts, and executing the full library of user experience techniques
* Developing SaaS/enterprise web application interfaces, designing and conducting user research and testing, performing expert heuristic reviews, working on small collaborative teams.
* Experience with a range of software development practices, including agile and use-case based methods.
* Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including leading client meetings.
* Understand and empathize with end user’s pains and needs
* Combine user goals and business goals to create a viable user experience
* Illustrate concepts through sketches, wireframes, user flows, mock ups and prototypes
* Communicate design ideas proficiently with well honed and superlative writing and presentation skills
* Work independently, prioritize, and solve problems proactively and creatively
* Drive to client meetings on a regular basis
* Work constructively with engineers
* Multi-task often conflicting deadlines and projects
* HTML, CSS and JS skills for prototyping
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite
* Experience designing BI tools or reporting applications a plus
* Proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Balsamiq, Protoshare, Visio, Dreamweaver, iRise or similar tools
* CSS Ninja, jQuery Czar
Want to learn a bit more about the role – let us know and we’ll forward a full spec. Think this sounds like a good fit for you? Apply with your CV telling us why you are interested in the role and a link to a portfolio or proof of work experience that demonstrates why you rock. If we have questions or would like to have a chat further, we’ll let you know. No agencies please. Seriously, none.
Email George.Sirius [at] eventsforce.com for more information or with your cover letter, CV and link to portfolio to apply.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please