The Company is an ambitious London based start-up building general-purpose learning
algorithms, with initial product applications in mobile social gaming.
We’re looking for a research analyst to help us keep a close eye on our markets (current and
future), competitors and technologies as well as potential partners and customers to assist with
the continued growth of the company.
This position will have high visibility at the executive level of the company and will suit someone
with strong analytical skills who can present and justify their conclusions at this level.
As part of the business development and product team you will be responsible for maintaining
internal repositories of knowledge on machine learning research, competitors, technologies
and markets. You’ll become the port of call for anyone needing additional information before
important meetings with new commercial partners.
You’ll be working with some of the world’s leading experts on machine learning and artificial
intelligence to synthesise important findings and explore new markets for existing technologies
as well as maintaining and making accessible internal wikis.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Professional-quality reporting, both oral and written
* Keeping abreast of key developments in the investment community
* Monitoring industry trends in multiple markets
* Reconciling and critically evaluating information obtained from multiple sources
* Researching potential clients, partners and investors
* Supporting business decisions and planning
* Generating original ideas for research and analysis
You have a real thirst for knowledge and a keen analytical mind as well as a real passion
for new technology. Ideally, you have a good class degree, but we will also consider similar
You have exceptional internet research skills, knowing how to make the best of the available
tools and how to find new ones when necessary, as well as having the confidence to talk to
experts within the company and from outside.
You should be self-motivated and a good team player with excellent communication and literacy
skills, including written English.
Other desirable experience includes:
* 2-5 years of commercial (non-scientific) research experience
* Business modelling
* Competitor analysis
* Market analysis
* Experience managing wikis / Google Sites
Desirable skills and qualities include:
* Business acumen: an ability to see the big picture, and to quickly assimilate and interpret
* An analytical, numerate, problem solving mind, with a strong attention to detail
* Ability to analyse data and effectively communicate findings
* Ability to interact with a wide variety of people including executives, research specialists
* Ability to operate autonomously, prioritising and multi-tasking when needed
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in London.
Salary range: £32,000 – £38,000 + share options.
Please send us a paragraph about yourself and a CV: email@example.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please