Company: Decibel Music Systems
Sector: Data, Music, Tech
Hours: Full Time, Flexible
About Decibel Music Systems
We want to ensure that digital music is complete with uniform and complete metadata. We believe music metadata will power the future of search, discovery, and recommendation, and will power a whole new way of connecting music around the world. Our engineering team is building the infrastructure for Decibel’s music library. We work on large data sets and data normalisation, handling a millions of tracks and billion bits of information used in websites, MP3 tags, music companies, and educational applications.
Decibel is located in Shoreditch, in the heart of Tech-City where everyone’s contribution counts. We’re a small, but ambitious and motivated team of developers, as well as researchers and business coordinators from all over the world. Apply if you’re interested in learning, working, and developing with our international team of music lovers, idea makers, and problem solvers!
We’re looking for someone with a good grip of .NET programming, databases, and particularly, music data. The job involves turning data from multiple sources into good, consistent information, and extracting facts from prose. Far from being routine, the job can be much too interesting at times. The ability to keep things organised – and to keep improving our organisation – is a huge plus. Many problems turn out to be similar, so the ability to recognise abstract similarities is even more important than the ability to code.
Required Job Qualifications
* C#, Neo4J
* A passion for music
* Regular expressions
* Ability to deal with different formats, such as XML, HTML, Excel, delimited files, binary dumps
* Knowledge of databases: SQL and possibly graph databases (or an extreme urge to learn).
* Experience with source control, unit testing and methodology
* Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
* Ability to work independently, but must excel in a team environment
* Strong initiative and communication skills, with a dash of enthusiasm!
* Ability to meet hard deadlines
Preferred Job Qualifications
* Linguistic abilities
* Experience with large-scale applications and network-friendly programming
* Experience with internationalisation and localisation
* Knowledge of scripting languages
* BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
If you think you’re the right candidate, please contact Evan (evan.stein [at] decibel.net) with a short cover letter and (max) two-page CV. No Recruiters!
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please