You’ll be responsible for making our user experience insanely great.
This will involve both the design and coding of the UI to ensure information is well presented and highly accessible to our users.
We care deeply about human-oriented design that is so good, it’s invisible – so should you!
At ClaimAble, we make claims management sexy. Our flagship web app is for businesses who process insurance claims, and we’re showing them how to break away from their in-house legacy software with our fresh approach to the problem.
We’re a London-based start up with big ambitions. We’re growing quickly and need to build our team with like-minded individuals.
* Wireframe and mockup new UI/UX designs.
* To err on the side of simplicity and make sure this translates to our products.
* Work with visual design talent to ensure our app looks fantastic.
* Understand user journeys, funnels and visitor metrics and analyse the data.
* Know how to prevent an over-engineered solution to a problem that doesn’t exist.
* Have at least one year of solid development/design experience.
* Have a strong, demonstrable portfolio that you are proud of.
* Be passionate about startup culture – if you expect a 9-to-5, stop reading now.
In A Typical Day You:
* Checked Dribbble for nice UI designs and bookmarked a few inspiring examples.
* Worked on some mockups for our latest release – you’re particularly proud of the layout of a calendar view you’ve hand-crafted.
* Issued a pull request for a new date picker element you’ve been working on.
* Optimised performance of a data heavy table view – it work’s great, even with thousands of rows!
* Read about the new selectors proposed for CSS4.
* Finished making our website design fluid so it looks great at any resolution. Deployed your changes to production.
* Looked at the results of some user testing you initiated last week and discussed with the team how we can improve the app.
Bonus Points For:
* Having an active Github profile
* Being pretty dangerous with Photoshop/Illustrator
* A new Mac for you to work your magic on.
* A Herman Miller Aeron chair.
* Office in vibrant Shoreditch, London surrounded by like-minded companies.
* ClaimAble is a bullshit free zone. You won’t get dragged into pointless meetings or distracted from your work.
* Free food when you work late.
Salary is negotiable based on experience and we’ll offer stock options to the right candidate who is as excited and dedicated as we are.
Send a cover note explaining what value you will add to our company and mention some recent work you are proud of.
Include your CV and links to your portfolio (GitHub, Dribbble, personal site etc)
!! NO RECRUITERS PLEASE !!
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please