Do good work with good people for some of the best causes, campaigns, and brands around.
We're looking for a talented front-end web developer to join our team at Blue State Digital, an agency and technology company at the forefront of digital campaigning.
We work with organizations and companies including the NAACP, Ford, Google, Partners in Health, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Obama for America, to name just a few. Our team is a mix of veterans of presidential campaigns, agencies, nonprofits, and the tech world—at the top of their game and really nice people to boot.
Take a look at what you'd be doing as a front-end web developer and what we'd expect from you, and then get in touch or pass this on to a friend who might be great for it.
A match for our team is someone who wants their work to matter, and wants to continually improve the work they do. Some of the topics discussed around our Campfire in the past month:
- Using SCSS to speed development and ease maintenance
- Icon fonts and grunticon, and when to use which
- How to use Jekyll for rapid prototyping
- Work independently and with members of our design, content, analytics, and account teams to build sites, apps, and other digital products for our clients.
- Start with Photoshop comps and implement sites in Expression Engine, our preferred CMS, or other platforms like Drupal or Wordpress.
- Serve as the production lead on a portfolio of clients. This means adding new features and content types, keeping code clean, and serving as the point of contact for account leads and project managers for those sites.
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions, working with sales and business development teams as needed.
- Find creative but practical solutions to novel problems.
- Produce quality work on a tight schedule, delivering on time and on budget.
- Actively communicate with project managers and stakeholders, including client contacts, throughout the course of a project.
- Strong knowledge of modern Web Standards (HTML5, CSS3).
- An interest in or experience with responsive design, jQuery mobile, or other approaches to designing for mobile users.
- CMS experience with Expression Engine, WordPress, Drupal, or others.
- Experience with git, subversion, or other source control tools.
- An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details that occur at the intersection of design and code.
- Ability to manage client and internal expectations, balancing scope and timelines.
- Ability to translate requests from non-technical people into asks of very technical people.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please