h2. About Basho
Basho Technologies was founded in January 2008 by a core group of software architects, engineers and executives from Akamai Technologies. Basho is the developer of Riak, an open source NoSQL datastore that provides its users with operational simplicity, high availability, and low latencies.
Building upon the success of Riak, Basho has commercialized Riak EDS and Riak CS. These products have been sold to hot, young startups and large enterprises. Riak EDS (Enterprise Datastore) provides Basho’s customers with a WAN replication and monitoring. Riak CS (Cloud Storage) provides companies the ability to build an S3-compatible API. Both offer outstanding customer support, which has earned a reputation in the market and amongst our customers.
Basho Technologies is now expanding into the European markets by opening an office in the Shoreditch Triangle of London in July of 2012. We are looking for developers and operations experts who are passionate about customer service.
h2. Role Description
The Client Services Engineer role is highly technical and requires in-depth problem solving. Team members work very closely with our Engineering teams to provide support for licensees of Riak Enterprise, help guide customers in software and hardware deployment, develop educational material for users, and deliver training and professional services. The entire company is focused on providing customers with unparalleled support. The users that we support are Software Engineers and Operations staff working at Silicon Valley startups, all the way up to Fortune 100 companies.
You should have a strong aptitude for troubleshooting. You will be investigating issues that involve previously unseen edge cases, or perhaps behavior exposed by someone pushing the envelope beyond the limits of any previous engineer. Digging in to the source code or evaluating a network stack to understand how things work or why things aren’t working should sound fun to you.
Above all, we are looking for enthusiastic team players who can communicate well, and are eager to learn and to help others. For the right individuals, this is a fabulous opportunity.
* Work directly with customers and the community to answer questions and solve problems.
* Create educational material: articles, webinars, demo apps, etc.
* Conduct training and provide professional services: remote and on-site
* Identify, reproduce and document product bugs.
* Invent new ways to improve our company and products.
* A good developer driven by pride in a job well done.
* Excellent with Unix-based system administration.
* Someone who enjoys training and helping people.
* An excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing.
* Possesses an abundantly-positive attitude.
h2. Bonus Points
* Experience with data-storage (SQL, NoSQL, Graph, “big-data”).
* A DevOps expert (know a TCP stack, Chef or Puppet)
* Passionate about any of the following: distributed systems, Erlang, functional programming, development best practices.
Our customers rave about our commitment to service, and our goal is to provide the best customer service ever to be offered by a software company. If that sounds exciting, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please send your CV to email@example.com
Job type: Permanent full time
Remote working possible: no
Level of experience required:
This job is located in London, England, United Kingdom
Sorry, no agencies please